Beiträge von Rudeboy

Bitte bei Problemen mit dem Forum das Endgerät und Version angeben!

The Buscamp is still going strong, in 2021 it was held in a "normal" time of the COVID-era but even if the rule at that time was that everything was okay (yeah, right) we kept a 1 meter distance during the Buscamp and had a great time. The country was open for all activities during Buscamp.

Now in 2020 Buscamp was oficcially not held but like coincident people went to the Sandviken camping in Tinn, Telemark and to their supprise they found many friends from previous treffen there anyways..

I will be very supprised if this year will not hold a Buscamp in Telemark 23. - 25.th of September also in 2022. Every last whole week's weekend of September.

What is new relevant to this years treffen is that there will be started up a new ferry route to Kristiansand, from Dutch Eemshaven. That will cut a lot of kilometres for people coming from the continent and up to Northern Europe.

The Stena Line route from Frederikshavn to Oslo is shut down, they were pretty fast doing so when the COVID epidemic started and they have not earned much money on their route.

The DFDS route from Copenhagen (most easily reached thru Puttgarten - Rödbyhavn) still sail but now make a detour northbound and stop at Frederikshavn for passengers and cargo, vehicles and what-not before continuing on its overnight trip to Oslo.

The Fjordline no longer operate Hirtshals - Kristiansand but still sail between Hirtshals and Stavanger and Bergen.

The Colorline operate Hirtshals - Larvik, but recently shut down both the Kiel - Oslo and Sandefjord - Strömstad ferries due to COVID. Hopefully they will be back as soon as people start taking their vaccines and washing their hands :D

If you are coming up, remember warm clothes as the summer is most definately over by the time of Buscamp. There have been mornings one get up in the morning, get out of the van and look to snow on the mountain tops around the village Austbygd. I have to say making coffee on a propane/butane burner goes a bit slower when its that cold but a wool sweater and a windbreaker and wool socks does the trick for me.

In the evenings there are some bonfires to warm oneself by, and there is some 230V outlets here and there on "our" part of the Sandviken camping. My California Coach has an Eberspächer dieselheater (air) and it have no problem keeping my camper warm even if the heater is adjusted to the lowest heat temperature.

Sandviken camping had a change of owners a few years ago, where the daughter in the family took over. She decided showers and washing machine is free for all guests staying at the camping. Also fresh water from the wall of the yellow sanitary building is free, and there is a kitchen in the same building for anyone to use. I bring a water boiler to the shower room when I visit Buscamp, and fill my thermos flasks :)

Now, remember the new ferry that starts in April from Eemshaven to Kristiansand, google it :)

From Haldewanger Eck to Sandviken camping

Haldenwanger Eck til Sandviken Camping - Google Maps

From Isenbruch to Sandviken camping

Isenbruch, Selfkant, Tyskland til Sandviken Camping - Google Maps

From Neisseaue to Sandviken camping

Neißeaue, Tyskland til Sandviken Camping - Google Maps

Glenn Marvin on our http://www.vwbus.no/forum is the Treffengeneral. He organises the whole thing.

Oh, others have the same problem ? I'm stuck in Mulshorn for two days while Classic Parts do their magic getting stuff here and then - hopefully - the shop/wehrkstadt get the stuff mounted right for me.

Here I was minding my own business and keeping from halting the left land on the way from Kiel this morning, and I finally decided that I had have enough of listening to metal against metal. I expected the sound to be worn out break pads on my left forward breaks (and wohey! I had by allmost coincidence a set of new break pads and a break disc with me) but when the wehrksmeister (great guy, he can take all my money any day)(wich will not take long) told me they fixed the break problem in the time i had expected them to.

What I did not expect was the very same shit the guys in South America experienced on my left rear. Crap. And all I wanted to do was find a spot in the Syncro Corner at Bulli Days..

As of now I have no idea of I get there in time, as I also have a prearranged shop visit elsewhere.

I shall get the parts numbers and post here, I expect they are available as the parts arrive Mulmshorn (nice place, they have beer in the hotel bar - yay!) on Wednesday.

Als goed, tot ziens.

just so you know, the Buscamp is still going on the weekend of the last whole week in September.

Same place.

Also, since last there have been established a calm and easy treffen in Drammen, just outside Oslo mid July - this years it is 13. - 15. July and like the last few years it turns into a roadtrip where the goal is the 17.th Buscamp wich in 2018 is held in Somero, Finland. The drive direct to Somero from Drammen is about two days but the roadtrip is spending more days on the road to see more and to relax more.

All info, so far, sadly only in Norwegishe at http://www.vwbus.no/forum but user Peter (aus Deutchsland) is one of many who know Deutsch.

-So, there's info now, then ?

Well, it came too late for myself (about five weeks too late) but I am used to knowing things so plans can be not only laid but also commenced. Perhaps in 50 years time... :huh:

Had a little PN-chat with user JIT and he is not coming south either, I do not know for sure but I recogn lack of info could be used as reason for no show of the Norwegians this time.

Pity, but it takes time to fiddle with the family calendre, work calendre and getting the right route not only chalked out on a map but also bought when it comes to ferries and shit :D

Take gazillions of pic's and put them all here, and enjoy the living daylights out of you all :thumbup:

grüsst,
    Yngve der Rudeboy aus Oslo preparing for 2013 Buscamp instead

-What Ralph said.

If I get the oportunatie to come south for this event, it would be nice to know more about oh, let's say

-what happends on Friday
    -where to link up - will all participants f.instance stay at the same place, like a camping platz i.e for the whole weekend (making it a proper treffen)
    -when do we take off to the rally point (wich I guess will be the parking lot outside the Westfalia werke ?)
    -what happends after the excursion is thru, everyone for their own or gathering around the bonfire with one's dinner ready for grilling and a cople of beer before the night come ?
    -will we get official 25 jahre California stickers (YES, PLEASE !!!) for this ?

For my own sake, if I can make it - and things are yet again looking good - I will arrive somewhere near Westfalias place on Thursday evening on the 101013, at the latest at 1800hrs. Then what ?
    I will bring my daughter (4.5 jahre) and we will depart in order to make it in time back to Kiel and the Göteborg ferry Northbound on Sunday no later than 1100 hrs (ferry leave for Göteborg at 1845).

So. Post some info about this, please :thumbup:

-Perhaps I have misunderstood something here, but isn't the ESP/traction control/ABS-thing only hocked up to the front axle ?

I seem to recall reading about the softroader-diff lock (ESP) and it being possible to use while having a mechanical sperre on the rear axle - I would really like to have both :D
    Anywayz, to mu little syncro knowlegde the mechanical rear diff lock will also have toe knob under the dashboard - same knob you find in the T3's with sperre or decoupler.

The ESP I got do not have a switch on the dashboard to turn off the ESP-system and I do not know wy I cannot shut it down.

So far I have not managed to get stuck enough to find the usage for wanting to switch off the ESP yet :whistling:

Also hier mal einer, der über die Scheinwerfer geht! Viele von denen sind von der Firma Budich.

Klickadiklack

Musst du nur ein wenig Aufwand reinstecken...

Ow, I wish I had some cash right now - I am passing your stadt twice in July ;(

Anyways, same EU regulations I mentionned before claim a bullbar without the pedestrian friendly hinges are forbidden. So perhaps I shall find one and get it when I have won the lottery and have a Gazillion Euro and start driving around the world instead :thumbup:

Kategorie: Forreign friendly treffen

Treffenname: Buscamp
    Wann: Beginn 270913 1500 Ende 280913 1200
    Wo: Sandviken camping, Austbygde, Tinn, Telemark, Norwegen
    Organisator: Rune 'der Postmeister'

Hallo und willkommen zum jaerlichen BUS-CAMP 2013 27-29 September !

Hier findest du den offiziellen info-kanal fuers treffen - http://www.vwbus.no/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=36069 - we're good in English and some speak German, too 8)
    Alle info werden im ersten posting gehalten und alle aktualisierungen abenso, leicht zu finden !!!

Treffengebür 100,- Norwegische Kronen
    ( dieses deckt druck, treffenmarken, grill und grillkohle )

Dazu die Camping gebueren http://www.sandviken-camping.no/?lang=nb

Fuer die die sich vorher anmelden moechten ( e-post adresse kommt )

Oder frei nach dem Motto
    Einfach erscheinen und eine menge spass haben mit Gleichgesinten.

Just a quick reminder of our annual meeting in Telemark, and that is goes off also this September - Bifuel and company from Bulli-portal is a-coming up, how about you ?

grüsst,
    Yngve

-Bullbar or lightbar ? Bullbar is made of steel, the lightbars have a hinge arrangement that protect pedestrians that in some office clerks world theoretically might be infront of our vans ;(

I have a Cobra bar, aluminium and hinged - I would very much like to have a proper bullbar. One that does not ask a cow or an elk to get out of the way but instead move them out of the way :thumbup:

But the EU-legislation... Argh... X(

Hmmmmm.....

Snorkel + gangstercap - anyone seen pics of that yet ?

My problem is I have rotten A-bars on my California Coach and if I start drilling holes for the screws for the gangstercap I can kiss my windshield goodbye any time soon as it is - our friend rust...

On the good side! If I mount my gangstercap and drive for a just year or two and the A-bars rust away I can weld a new pair and then mount both gangstercap & snorkel pipe on my syncro camper 8)
    Pity thou is that I have to change my windshield from original VW to some kind of bastard (not swearing) un-original windshield instead :wacko:

All photos and threads regarding snorkels for T4 is now read and understood.

Grüsst,
    Yngve