Automatik Getriebe kaputt?

Bitte bei Problemen mit dem Forum das Endgerät und Version angeben!
  • Hallo!
    I have a VW Caravelle VR-6 ,year 2000, 170 Tkm, and now the transmission (code DNE) is broken.
    The car moves only when the level is in Reverse, but not in other gears.
    I have got the OBD-codes 00652 and 01192.
    I have checked the valve body all springs and pistons and measured all solenoids resistances
    everything seems to be ok. Changed filter and transmission oil. In vain.
    As the Reverse is working the torque converter must be ok (maybe it slips a little)?
    The TCC is a lock-up clutch so it will not engage from start, not until you reach a certain speed?
    So what`s up? Any ideas?
    Now I have been offered a used transmission from a 2.5 Benzin year 2002 with transmission code EQB,
    will that fit my car without changeing Steuergeräte or other complications ?
    Grüsse
    Eric

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von borp (18. November 2010 um 11:34)

• Hallo there!

I´m no expert but I have one idea or two:

1. The TCC is stuck in locked position.

Even if the valve body seems to be ok, there may be a mecanical failure in the clutch so you have

to get a new converter because the clutch is intergrated.

2. 1 gear clutch is worn-out.

The car always starts in 1 gear in all forward level positions, that means 2,3 and 4 may be ok,

but if you have to renovate 1 gear clutch you take the whole shit at the same time, it´s quite expensive

so a used transmission is a cheaper alternative.

I think the 2.5 Benziner transmission will fit your car but you have to change the TCU (transmission control module = Steuergerät)

The EQB transmission has probably a higher final drive ratio and maybe some fewer friction plates, but so what?

Greetings

Tim

• Hi,

my first guess is also that one of the clutch is damaged and it would be good to change the complete clutch package. If you like to change the gear box with another model you have to check if the interfacing from the engine control unit fits to the automatic gear box control unit.

Kind regards

Frank

• Hallo!
    Herzlichen Dank! Thank You very much!
    I think I go for the used transmission, it seems to be less complicated than renovate
    the old one.
    I got an idea (stupid?) would it be possible to put the valve body from the old
    transmission (DNE) into the new one (EQB) wihtout changeing anything else.
    Would it work?
    Grüss aus Skåne (Schonen, Scania)
    Eric

I prefer Classic Cars they are straight forward.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von borp (23. November 2010 um 22:28)

• Hi,

keep my fingers crossed that you will find a used gear box which is in a good condition.

Kind regards

Frank

• Hallo!
    Vielen Dank!
    Yes it´s to take a risk
    aber was ist das Leben ohne Herausforderungen!?
    Grüss Eric