Beiträge von Rudeboy

Bitte bei Problemen mit dem Forum das Endgerät und Version angeben!

Just a quick sitrep from Oslo regarding my trouble with der ladegerät :

-got both my electrolyte condensators for less than €15, and when I plucked the black box der ladegerät lives in apart, and took off the circuit board I noticed another blown component I so far had missed...

-So I am back at ordering parts for my curcuit :thumbup:

(But, at last, this is the final defect component on my curcuit board and as soon as the component is here I can mount it myself).

So, how many ladegerät has blown so far in 2012 - it is more than 10 ?

Ich denke ich hatte genu das gleiche. 220 V Strom kam in den Bus, aber Kühlschrank hat nicht geladen. Der Defekt lag im Ladegerät. Einer von den Kondensatoren war durchgeraucht

(Here i ment the foto of the two black (and burned) condensators with the grey stripe on, shown on page 1 to be shown but i failed adding them to the post)

Aj, those two F**ers are what burned in my CC syncro at Altes Lager.

And, yes, I too would implode if someone gave me sinus like from Dr. Stein's lab (helloween, anyone ?).

I have been in thoutch with two importers of VW in Norway, the main importer - Harald A Möller failed completely in doing their job, so i went on to the next one. I have little time before winter here and I need der ladegerat to work before snow starts dropping everywhere.

-Alzu. Does anyone have an URL or website that can provide these two condensators ? I have also sent mails and called different acteurs in the electronic supply business but they are as useless as the VW importers are ;(

Grüsst,
    Yngve der Rudeboy aus Oslo - getting colder every minute :P

Parked my CC in the parking lot about one hour ago after going via Deutsches Panzermuseum, Kiel - Göteborg and then Oslo.

This was a fantastic treffen, now I have a major problem before next year - I cannot go to both Edersee, Altes Lager and Wietzendorf...

It was nice to meet so many new friends there, very nice to meet old friends and not so nice to suffer the consequense of havinbg too much beer inside and then be "tricked into" starting an hour of Jägermäister in the small hours of Saturday morning...
    Me and the other Norweger had a great time, for sure.

Lessioned learned :
    -if I walk around with money in my pocket and see sliding windows for my '87 DOKA, buy the windows !
    -if I walk around with money in my pocket and see LT-mirrors for my '87 DOKA, but them !

But I came home with a gangstercap for the DOKA and since it was two weeks between Wietzendorf & the Buscamp in Telemark all I do now is prepare for the treffen here in Norway.

See you out there !

grüsst,
    Yngve der Rudeboy aus Oslo

P.S ! Next year I will not have a bike rack on the back of my car with bike on, only to find out - after getting settled at Tannengrund/Südsee that the rear tire has a puncture... :thumbup:

EDIT & P.P.S ! Do we know how many cars that were there this year ? Since so many was staying at different parts of the Südsee camping I am curious on how the count is being done, and of course how many we were there 8)

It was great !

It was hot !

It was wet !

I'm hopefully back next year :thumbup:

To my knowlegde there were eight Norwegians attending the Busfestival, and four (?) vans. Most of us recided by the light blue T3 Atlantic portrettet above (Andrew''s & Gill's van)(where the photografer missed my T4 CC for some odd reason) in what I have repeatedly called the Norwegian Corner.

Great thanks to the ORGA team, Marco who "found" us in a nearby village when we discovered a closed roundabout we had to circumvent, and successfully did so with his help.
    Great thanks to the visitors and the sun and the rain.

Not so great thanks to the power faults burning my ladegerater circuit, burning two condencators in the circuit that I now have to replace.
    I regard myself lucky as it is, had I not been in the CC syncro it would have burned up...

And I am not the only one with a smell of burned plastic & burned bacelite in my van, one of our Dutch neighbours also had something burning due to bad electricity by the airstrip and a couple of Germans too suffered for this.

For myself, I will build a rack of both ground failure switch and too high voltage-breakers, so whatever quality I am being offered, my van will be unhurt in the future :wacko:

For those of you coming to Wietzendorf, see you all there !

Hey, folks.

Me and my daughter came from Oslo yesterday to the Busfestival south of Berlin. We hooked up to the 230V to have the Electrolux cooler going, it is 32' on the airstrip here now.

Well, during last night the charger started to fume and burn, smokes came out of the cabinet in my 2000 model T4b California Coach. -Lucky we were there when it happened!

But I need a new converter (230 -> 12V) for the California.

If anyone have one like mine I'd be happy to buy it.
    Type PE 2169/01 N,
    NC 9415 021 69011
    MC 0p020019036705
    AC 230V 50hz
    250VA - 160W
    dc 13.8 / 10A.

We're close to the airstrip to the right where the electricity is available.

All the best,
    Yngve der Rudeboy

Signed up for it, fixed the payment in my internetbank and all I have to do now is lean back and wait till it is time to start driving there.

Plan :
    do my annual visit to Niemwegen and the Vierdaagse afstansmars there, head off to Hochenheimring for the F1A race there then snail my way up to Berlin and just see another great Deutsches bustreffen take place.

I know of two other Norwegians who are coming to Busfestival, so I guess at least two buses will bear licence plates from the North :thumbup:

Yngve der Rudeboy aus Oslo

Awh, it looks like the mouting on the gangstercap is far to high for the Westfaliaroof...

Meaning it cannot be mounted low enough on the B-beam to also avoid begging in the way for the Westfaliaroof :S

I have a question about this sun screen/gangstercap :

on my 2000-mod California the Westfaliaroof might be in the way for the gangstercap - has anyone links to pictures of a camper with Westie-roof and a cap mounted ?

If there is plenty of possibilities to mount the cap a bit down of where a flat-roofed T4 might have it's gangstercap I just might get one.

And no, I would never buy anything from "Bullsh1t Bildeler" that was linked to on the first page here, even if I am in Norway :thumbdown:

Just a spin off from Ulf's post since we're talking of a trip right now, right now several roads here and there in Norway is closed due to foul weather.

In the Westcountry several minor roads are gone, land slides and bad weather has been hard on several muncipalities so if now is your travel time I suggest just driving on the greater roads and avoid minor roads such as those leading from say Oslo and out West/North-West. I would advice against a tour anywhere West in the Southern half of Norway just now.

What is going on is that two greater storms has ripped buildings apart, electric power is gone in many comunes and telecomunications are down too.

This time of year, since the winter storm made an impact on several villages and towns is a bad time to visit. Stay away, or come back in may/june at the earliest. Even then some roads might not be re-opened due to land slides throwing the road into the fiords.

That is my two cents upon visiting Norway just now.

The eastern parts of the Southern half of Norway ought not to be too troublesome but prepare for spending nights in the car if things go bad here too.

Note - the winter storm hit Sweden too, and roads, telecom and electricity has been affected there aswell.

all the best,
    Yngve

Q about insurance, since mine is void "after" Gibraltar - do you get any local insurance, expand your normal insurance or just aim for luck hoping nothing happens ?

A colleague of mine drive his Defender down "just to see what he could see" in Marocco and he skipped any insurance. I would have gained some kind of insurance, but what do I know - never been farther south than Nimwegen, NL in my own Multivan. Sadly my current insurance company is very willing giving insurance all thru Europe - and oddly enough including Turkey and (here's a bomb shell) Ischraeïl but when I "offered" to exchange those two countries with Marocco they said "no" :D

Not to sure about the chat about Oslo - Trondheim there, but there are at least 3 ways up.

The E-6 packed with speed cameras, then there is the National Road 4 via Elverum and Tynset - no cameras but around Tynset/Alvdal the local sheriff is often out checking speeding cars and finally the scenic path - Oslo - Elverum, Trysil up to Femund and via Röros up to Selbu where one can get back to the Europaroad 6 for further driving Northwards - or heading into the Swedish routes towards Lappland and Soumi Finnland.

One can drive via the Finnish town of Ivalo to the Norwegian - Russian border where nearthest town is Kirkenes, and take the Europaroad 6 back via f.i North cape and after seing the northernmost point of our continent just head back into Finnland via Karasjok or Kautokeino for that matter.

Mapping is fun, driving is even more fun :thumbup:

There's another annual meet n'greet in Tinn, Telemark closing in on us all.

24. th till 26. September, last weekend of the month. (Goes then every year)
    Location - the Austbygd Camping, Austbygd, Tinn muncipality, Telemark.

Distance from Oslo (Kielferry comes in here, Danish ferries come in here) 162 km, or about 2 hrs 20 min drive.
    Distance from Larvik where other DK ferries land, is about 172 km and about 2 hrs 30 min drive.

Entryfee NOK 300 (I think, it has been for ages). A few cabins available, plenty of space for camping in the vans, DOKAs, SIKAs or whatever car you drive. Tentspace and caravan space closely enough for the meeting.

No forumthread has yet been begun, but I am sure Andrew at http://www.vwbus.no/forum will start up this years info-thread any day soon.

all the best,
    Yngve from Oslo

Now there's talk of another wintermeet n'greet, with even some syncro-testing in the snow.

http://www.vwbus.no/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=20335

The valley Snertingdal is just outside the ("olympic") town of Gjöwik, or Gjoevik if you like.
    All in all I recogn it's a 2.5 hrs drive off from Oslo, my morher in law lives about 3 km away from this location the meeting will be held at.

I participated the 2007-Wintermeeting and stayed there from Friday till Sunday. We had about minus 18' at night, so my 230V heater was a good thing to have in the car. Sadly it was a fan dustributing heater, so the fan made much noise. This time I have a 1000W oilfilled heater that I recogn will be better to have inside the T4. I shall use the same sleeping bag as I did then, a 3-season sleeping bag is suffucient if you use a heater. A whool cap and proper winter working gloves might come in handy...

Remeber to bring woollies and goot winter boots, trekking in snow to your hip is okay when you have clothing for it and the syncros do get stuck every now and then, so there are no guarantee you get to be in a warm and comfy VW all day long :D

Also, I can only repeat the annual (inter)national treffen in Tinn, Telemark the last weekend of September. About to.5 hours off from Oslo but in another direction than the Snertingdalen-treff.

all the best,
    Yngve S
    Oslo

EDIT - just testing if I can get a pic from yesterdays Oslo in here...
    http://img192.imageshack.us/i/26122009c.jpg/[/IMG]
    Not quite correct but y'all get the picture - with 40 cm snow here in Oslo I recogn it will be 2 metres+ up in the Elwedalen :)

Grüss Gott, allemann !

Sorry for not typing further in deutsches but I, the fool, took french in school :P
    (And all I ever learned in german came from the Derrick-series)

There are a few treffen in Norge, every year.

Tage, oder "Taigagreen", is holding the now annual Nordlandstreff just under the Polar Circle in june - http://www.vwbus.no/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=19687

You could see just how far up north that meet n'greet will be, by searching for Mo i Rana on viamichelin i.e webmap/routeplanners.

Then there's the annual National, or should i say International meet n'greet in Tinn comune in the county Telemark. http://www.vwbus.no/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=19606
    As of 2010 Andrew will be the arrangor of this large (to Norwegishes standard, anyway) meeting where we have anything from the 60's Bay thru the 70's Vans and T3's of the eighties aswell as newer vans, DOKA's, SIKA's and buses in Type 4 and 5 configurations.

This is a merely four hours drive east of Oslo, shorter ride if you come by ferry from Denmark and land at Larvik.

Normally there is held a winter meeting aswell, usually with short notice - myself I participated in 2007 and we had "only" 18 degrees below zero (centigrades/Celsius) so winter clothing for outdoors activities aswell as a 230 V heater is in order.

Most Norwegians speak little german, but some do and those who do speak it well. We all speak english, or at least pretend to (Henning Solberg who used to drive a WRC Subaru is a very good example of how bad it can get).

OK, just a coupla tips about what to expect up north from us.

Please feel free to come visit the schedueled meetings, it's just north of the tip of Denmark, you know :D

All the best,
    Yngve S
    Oslo