Beiträge von aidanic

Bitte bei Problemen mit dem Forum das Endgerät und Version angeben!

Made some progress, and learnt quite a few things... The lower bracket in 0,5mm steel is too thin and flexes too much, so I'll rework it in 1,0mm. The bracket across the roof also needs to be stiffer, and I'm thinking of an 'L' shaped addition.

My own workmanship is fairly poor at this stage, and needs to improve. The last two pictures have the cross bracket "back to front", as I have not cut out two rectangles.

The lower bracket is folded at the dotted lines, and there I also need the rectangular hole to be lower down - away from the fold. It is 150mm x 50, with 6mm holes for the bolts and the rectangle is 55 x 20.

medium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpgmedium.jpg

I hope you can understand my description of the construction in german

I can follow the description. All is good there. It's a clever idea, and important for me, it's non-destructive. Mrs aidanic actually owns the Bulli and drilling holes in it is a serious matter.

PeZe tinker meetings are always worthwhile. You can test my most terrible accented Denglish. Will I be ready with this project, unlikely. We'll see.

Thanks guys.

North of NOK-SH - Norden von Nord-Ostsee-Kanal, Schleswig-Holstein oder irgendwo in Namibia?

Funny... to quote the locals around here "der echte norden". For some amusement you should google the SH tourism video which dispels some myths about the region. Zehnmal überraschend anders, although it's aged quite a bit in these Corona times.

You can also have a look on my solution. The highscore is you don't need to drill any holes into your vehicle. The overall height is 2005mm. So 2m height restriction is no problem normally. I really recommend to use modules with hard frames.

Very nice - what's it like on the Autobahn @ 120Km/h? I'll measure the height of the barrier in Strande, which claims 2m, and is actually slightly higher. We probably have a few cm to spare. The mix of no holes, and no Sikaflex is very appealing. Do you have a picture of where the cable enters the cabin/the inside? I'd drop by for a look, but 300K down the A7... Honestly this looks like a very reasonable solution for me.

Danke fur die Tips.

V7T4, you're close to me in SH - I'm just north of the NOK.

I'm not too keen on @PeZe's rails, as I'd like to keep under 200cm high. Your pop-top has ridges, and mine does not. It's flat.

medium.jpg

The plan, as poorly described above, is put the solar panel on the roof, and have a manual solar charging switch for the leisure battery when we're not hooked up to 220V. I'm hoping to get away with a single new hole in the roof for the solar cables.

On the German forums, I've seen most people, generally T5/T6 owners, go down the "rails route" for panels. Is there something about the TUV inspection I'm missing if I was to stick/glue panels on the pop-top?

Ich denke an Solarpanelen auf den Aufstelldach [120-160W]. Welche Empfehlungen haben Sie?

Vor kurz, Ich habe die Westfalia Ladegerät getauscht fur ein FraRon BLG20M12V, aber Ich hatte kein Solar im plan. Jetzt, denke Ich dass der Votronic VBCS 30/20/250 Triple-CI wird ein besser (aber teurer) option. Vielleicht nächstes jahr.

in zwischenzeit, fang ich an mit Panelen, ein MPPT und Manualschalter zwischen die Solar und Stromladegerät.

Gedanken?

Danke im voraus,

Aidan

1995 T4 California

(please excuse the poor German, it's not my first language)