Autmatic Transmission1992 Canada California 2.5 petrol with 098 auto solenoid fault

Bitte bei Problemen mit dem Forum das Endgerät und Version angeben!
  • I hope i am welcome to post in english .

Hi Im looking at VCDS fault codes for 098 Auto transmission

7 faults found:

00266 - Solenoid Valve 5 (N92)

36-00 - Open Circuit

00293 - Multifunction Switch (F125)

25-10 - Unknown Switch Condition - Intermittent

00300 - Transmission Fluid Temp Sensor (G93)

34-10 - No Elaboration Available - Intermittent

00518 - Throttle Position Sensor (G69)

16-10 - Signal Outside Specifications - Intermittent

00596 - Short Between Solenoid Valve (or Injector) Wires

35-10 --- Intermittent

00652 - Gear Monitoring

27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

00641 - ATF temperature

06-10 - signal too high - intermittent

After clearing faults

00266 - Solenoid Valve 5 (N92)

36-00 - Open Circuit

Remains so i suspect i may have to replace this solenoid.

I want to test the connection but my connector is not round like i see in pdf documents but rectangle with only 6 wires. So id like to check for continuity but not sure which pins. Also Id like to order solenoids and ribbon cable but now im not sure which one. Any help is appreciated Here is a pic of the connector style

pxl_20230526_132015049-1-jpg.215144 Save Share Reply Quote

• looks like the round plug is for the 01p Autobox, did you check your ground cable?

The harness from the plug to the valve body is often damaged and could be a cheap fix, the worst case scenario is the ECU for the box, but it's easy enough to check the wires,

• " Check ground cable " Where is it?

I was getting ready to replace cable and solenoids if necessary but where am i going to find a cable like that?

I was hoping to test continuity from that connector but i cant find a pin diagram

• the big black cable from the battery to the chassis and to the gearbox, most of the time it's badly corroded on the chassis and courses a volt drop which can courses all sorts of trouble.

What is the problem with the box?

Apart from all the codes

• the big black cable from the battery to the chassis and to the gearbox, most of the time it's badly corroded on the chassis and courses a volt drop which can courses all sorts of trouble.

What is the problem with the box?

Apart from all the codes

Ok I will clean these up . Not sure of symptoms i bought it non running. got it running drove around the block into garage. i believe it was in limp mode

• give the box a good service, filter, atf change, low oil don't get enough pressure and old oil course sticky valves, does it switch when you go manuel through the gears?

Do the simple things first before u spend money on the box.

Tourq converter don't spit a fould out?

• Hand Thumb Finger Automotive tire Nail

I dropped my valve body to test solenoids as I had an open circuit. Now on bench solenoids test fine but cable doesn't have connectivity. My harness is not a ribbon cable but wires . Has anyone seen or repaired this style connector .? I have tested wires from solenoid connection to pins some have connectivity others don't.