Schwingungstilger Kardanwelle hinten UPDATE ab post 11

Bitte bei Problemen mit dem Forum das Endgerät und Version angeben!
  • I do have a question though: the mass vibration damper is much smaller than the original VW T$ model - does this create any problems with noise/vibration at higher Speeds (a high speed for me in this vehicle is 120kph!)

personally, I've not read of any problems. This part should be balanced well out of the box. I would give it a try.
    In the worst case you've to find a propshaft service for balancing the last two cardan shaft segments together.
    But there are other reasons for vibration as well.
    - the centering at the shaft end(s) - damaged during removal
    - the two ball-/rubber bearings - worn
    - lost balancing weights (spot welded metal plates on the propshaft tube)
    - sometimes the homokinetic Joints between the segments (but shouldn't cause much vibrations)
    - The segments are not originally bolted together - position to each other is/was not marked

Good luck, :)
    RalphCC

• Thanks for your help RalphCC, again it is appreciated. I've just spent a frustrating two hours looking online for the part - prices for Febi parts varied from 260 Euro to 330 Euro plus up to 120 euro for shipping. Is this the sort of price you would normally expect to pay? Also I have heard of Febi brand, but not of 'Swag'.

Danke für deine Hilfe RalphCC, es wird wieder geschätzt. Ich habe gerade zwei frustrierende Stunden damit verbracht, online nach dem Teil zu suchen - die Preise für Febi-Teile variierten von 260 Euro bis 330 Euro plus bis zu 120 Euro für den Versand. Ist das die Art von Preis, den Sie normalerweise erwarten würden? Ich habe auch von der Marke Febi gehört, aber nicht von Swag.

• Is this the sort of price you would normally expect to pay? Also I have heard of Febi brand, but not of 'Swag'.

yes, Febi is well known - I found also Swag, but didn't know them.
    This seems a "normal" price for me:
    https://www.ebay.de/itm/FEBI-BILST…awAAOSw9gRaMbL5
    I don't know normal freight costs to Australia, but it's not a lightweight part.

Good luck!
    RalphCC

• RalphCC you are a treasure beyond words! (I hope that translates well!). Unfortunately the seller does not ship to Australia and does not accept messages through ebay which is disappointing, but I have sent them an email asking if they would post it to me. If they do not that I am a little stuck for now as my DOKA should not be driven above 80KPH at the moment. Frustratingly I have just put new Pirelli Carrier tyres on it and fixed some rust around the windscreen and put a new screen in. I hope to use it as a car carrier for my hill climb racing car, as well as driving to work.

RalphCC du bist ein Schatz jenseits aller Worte! (Ich hoffe, das übersetzt sich gut!). Leider versendet der Verkäufer nicht nach Australien und akzeptiert keine Nachrichten über ebay, was enttäuschend ist, aber ich habe ihnen eine E-Mail geschickt und gefragt, ob sie es mir posten würden. Wenn sie das nicht tun, bin ich ein wenig fest, denn mein DOKA sollte im Moment nicht über 80KPH gefahren werden. Frustrierend habe ich gerade neue Pirelli-Carrier-Reifen darauf gelegt und etwas Rost um die Windschutzscheibe herum angebracht und einen neuen Bildschirm eingebaut. Ich hoffe, dass ich ihn als Autotransporter für meinen Bergrennwagen benutze und zur Arbeit fahre.

• Thanks again for your help RalphCC. I could not get a German seller to respond to offers to buy one, so in desperation I contacted a local wholesaler and importer of european car parts and they claimed to have one in stock - I bought it on the spot! Is it a simple job to only replace the coupling?

Danke nochmal für deine Hilfe RalphCC. Ich konnte keinen deutschen Verkäufer dazu bringen, auf Angebote zu antworten, also kontaktierte ich verzweifelt einen lokalen Großhändler und Importeur von europäischen Autoteilen und behauptete, einen auf Lager zu haben - ich kaufte es sofort! Ist es eine einfache Aufgabe, nur die Kupplung zu ersetzen?

• Könnte mir bitte jemand sagen, welche Länge von M10 Schrauben für die hintere Kupplung benötigt wird?
    Ich habe in anderen Threads in diesem Forum nachgesehen, konnte aber die Antwort nicht finden

Could someone please tell me what length of M10 bolts are required for the rear coupling?
    I have looked in other threads on this forum but could not find the answer

• Wich Coupling do you mean?
    Viscous Coupling ?

Wiki

Do you have the right tools?
    Tripple square Nuts and Sockets?

I dont know the exact length of those screws but usually you can use the old ones again.

Gruß

T4 Transporter Bj 1999 ACV Syncro

• Hi Blackblech,
    I mean the rear flexible coupling that connects the propshaft to the VC. Other threads on this forum mention the original bolts breaking and using 12.9 grade socket allen head bolts. I will get some tomorrow using the flexible coupling as a length guide: +15mm one side and +30mm the other side - I can always cut them shorter.
    Many thanks for your reply.
    Regards, Neil

Hallo Blackblech,
    Ich meine die hintere flexible Kupplung, die die Kardanwelle mit dem VC verbindet. Andere Themen in diesem Forum erwähnen die ursprünglichen Schrauben brechen und verwenden 12,9 Klasse Inbus Innensechskantschrauben. Ich werde morgen etwas mit der flexiblen Kupplung als Längenführung bekommen: + 15mm auf der einen Seite und + 30mm auf der anderen Seite - ich kann sie immer kürzer schneiden.
    Vielen dank für Ihre Antwort.
    Grüße, Neil

• An update: I removed the rear section of the driveshaft and the original flexible coupling was in pieces - two of the bolts and their steel sleeves could have simply pulled out of the rubber. No wonder there was a vibration. The replacement Febi 19526 coupling was refitted. Note that the steel sleeves that the M10 bolts go through are longer. On the original coupling the original 12 point bolts protrude slightly more than 15mm. If you use the same bolts to the VC on the Febi 19526 they protrude less than 10mm. I think it is bad practice to have less than original thread engagement than original. Fortunately 50mm long M10 socket head bolts with a high tensile washer match the original specification and these were used with threadlock. A drive on the highway up to 120kph (which is 4000rpm in my DOKA - I have no idea how anyone in a T4 can go 165kph!) showed the problem was solved. Thanks to the forum for all of the information, the repair was completed for 20% of the quoted price of a VW dealer.

Ein Update: Ich entfernte den hinteren Teil der Antriebswelle und die ursprüngliche flexible Kupplung war in Stücken - zwei der Bolzen und ihre Stahlhülsen hätten einfach aus dem Gummi gezogen werden können. Kein Wunder, dass es eine Vibration gab. Die Ersatzkupplung Febi 19526 wurde umgerüstet. Beachten Sie, dass die Stahlhülsen, die die M10-Schrauben durchlaufen, länger sind. An der Originalkupplung ragen die originalen 12-Punkt-Schrauben etwas mehr als 15mm heraus. Wenn Sie bei der Febi 19526 dieselben Schrauben an der VC verwenden, ragen sie weniger als 10 mm heraus. Ich denke, es ist eine schlechte Übung, weniger als Original-Thread Engagement als Original zu haben. Glücklicherweise entsprechen 50mm lange M10 Innensechskantschrauben mit einer hohen Zugfestigkeit der ursprünglichen Spezifikation und diese wurden mit Schraubensicherung verwendet. Eine Fahrt auf der Autobahn bis zu 120 km / h (das sind 4000 U / min in meinem DOKA - ich habe keine Ahnung, wie jemand in einem T4 165 km / h fahren kann!) Zeigte, dass das Problem gelöst war. Dank dem Forum für alle Informationen wurde die Reparatur für 20% des Angebotspreises eines VW-Händlers abgeschlossen.