Westfalia T4 (1995) - Solarpanelen auf den Aufstelldach

Bitte bei Problemen mit dem Forum das Endgerät und Version angeben!
  • Ich denke an Solarpanelen auf den Aufstelldach [120-160W]. Welche Empfehlungen haben Sie?

Vor kurz, Ich habe die Westfalia Ladegerät getauscht fur ein FraRon BLG20M12V, aber Ich hatte kein Solar im plan. Jetzt, denke Ich dass der Votronic VBCS 30/20/250 Triple-CI wird ein besser (aber teurer) option. Vielleicht nächstes jahr.

in zwischenzeit, fang ich an mit Panelen, ein MPPT und Manualschalter zwischen die Solar und Stromladegerät.

Gedanken?

Danke im voraus,

Aidan

1995 T4 California

(please excuse the poor German, it's not my first language)

• 2x 50W hard Modules, parallel wired, cutted Frame an side and only fixed

mit PU-glue, working perfekt since 5 Years. Would it do the same now again.

• V7T4, you're close to me in SH - I'm just north of the NOK.

I'm not too keen on @PeZe's rails, as I'd like to keep under 200cm high. Your pop-top has ridges, and mine does not. It's flat.

medium.jpg

The plan, as poorly described above, is put the solar panel on the roof, and have a manual solar charging switch for the leisure battery when we're not hooked up to 220V. I'm hoping to get away with a single new hole in the roof for the solar cables.

On the German forums, I've seen most people, generally T5/T6 owners, go down the "rails route" for panels. Is there something about the TUV inspection I'm missing if I was to stick/glue panels on the pop-top?

• I'm not too keen on @PeZe's rails, as I'd like to keep under 200cm high.

336416-solarhoehe-jpg

and have a manual solar charging switch

There ist no need for manual switching. I've used it since 2016.

Is there something about the TUV inspection I'm missing if I was to stick/glue panels on the pop-top?

No problem, it is cargo.

• there will be a north of the NOK T4-Meeting soon! Watch about.

Bullidays 2013

Forumsjunkie: T4forum, Trialforum, W124Forum, Renault Flocar Forum, BMW F650 Forum, ADD-E Next Forum

• North of NOK-SH - Norden von Nord-Ostsee-Kanal, Schleswig-Holstein oder irgendwo in Namibia?

mfG Uwe

----------------------------------------------------------

Nach dem Urlaub ist vor dem Urlaub - - - - - :)
          index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=58345    

Und viele Grüße aus dem Calenberger Land

• North of NOK-SH - Norden von Nord-Ostsee-Kanal, Schleswig-Holstein oder irgendwo in Namibia?

Funny... to quote the locals around here "der echte norden". For some amusement you should google the SH tourism video which dispels some myths about the region. Zehnmal überraschend anders, although it's aged quite a bit in these Corona times.

You can also have a look on my solution. The highscore is you don't need to drill any holes into your vehicle. The overall height is 2005mm. So 2m height restriction is no problem normally. I really recommend to use modules with hard frames.

Very nice - what's it like on the Autobahn @ 120Km/h? I'll measure the height of the barrier in Strande, which claims 2m, and is actually slightly higher. We probably have a few cm to spare. The mix of no holes, and no Sikaflex is very appealing. Do you have a picture of where the cable enters the cabin/the inside? I'd drop by for a look, but 300K down the A7... Honestly this looks like a very reasonable solution for me.

Danke fur die Tips.

• Hi aidanic,

the cable is mounted outside the rubber seal of the back door with some clamps of tape. It enters inside by the the rubber cable bushing for the fog light on the left car side. The stability of the construction is good - mounted since 2 years and nearly 20000km without any rework. All screws are tight like as they were installed. And you can drive faster then 120km/h. I hope you can understand my description of the construction in german otherwise feel free to ask.For a good online translation you can use deepl on the webpage of same name.

Cheers

Sockenzottel

• I hope you can understand my description of the construction in german

I can follow the description. All is good there. It's a clever idea, and important for me, it's non-destructive. Mrs aidanic actually owns the Bulli and drilling holes in it is a serious matter.

PeZe tinker meetings are always worthwhile. You can test my most terrible accented Denglish. Will I be ready with this project, unlikely. We'll see.

Thanks guys.